Friday, January 6, 2017

Roll and roll


Steels that can be deepened in hardness by water are called tempered steels. These steels are produced for use in machine production. The most important difference of these steels from the production steels is that they are deeply (fully) hardenable steels. Bearing steels are also included in this group.

What is AISI?
The best thing to do to understand a thing is to classify it. Classifying according to the alloy element and physical, mechanical, chemical properties etc., makes our work easier. For this reason I call AISI is the identity card of the materials.

What about the AISI E 52100?
It is a steel alloy type containing high carbon and chromium. It is usually used in bearings. The process is easy. Carbon ratio is 0.980 - 1.10%. If you want more, you can look for ID Card :) (available online 06.01.2017)

Okey. That's enough metallurgy. Now I can tell you why I'm talking about the ball-bearing  Firstly my license thesis was on the mechanical behavior of the ball-bearing steels at high temperatures. Maybe,for this reason I have a special interest. But here I will tell you about my drawings. Yeah. I drew a roller in Autocad 3d.


Firstly I sketched the sections and then I made the bearing house with the revolve command



I used the layers. I used pink and purple hue as it's girls colours :)
I'm angry about idea that engineering is just male business. Is just male business? Oh, really? Womans can do everything!


TAAA-DAAAAAAA!!!! 
We got a cute ball-bearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment